AIMS AND PURPOSE
Identify the factors evaluated, understanding the difference between skills, aptitudes, professional motivations and learning agility; update yourself with the different evaluation tools, gaining practical insights into their purpose and utilisation; design your assessment method and practice around the strategic objectives and organisational constraints. These are the three defining principles which shape the course Practising Assessment.
Ample space is devoted to practical exercises on the management of evaluation sessions and report writing. The following methods will be examined: Assessment and Development Centre, Individual Assessment, Smart Assessment online.
- The pillars of Assessment methodology: purpose, criteria, contents
- The organisational areas evaluated: skills, aptitudes, motivations, learning agility
- The methodological practices: assessment centre, development centre, smart assessment, individual assessment, executive assessment
- Methodology in the digital era: online assessments and tools
- Overview of assessment tools: leaderless group discussion, digital business games, In-basket, Targeted Interview, Assessment Questionnaires
- Overview of the evaluation tools for motivations, aptitudes, learning agility
- Techniques for utilising the tools, methods for observing and evaluating competencies
- Assessment profiles and People Strategy indicators
- Assessment roles: coordinator and assessor
- The assessor’s pitfalls
- Assessment feedback
- Using the outputs in relation to organisational objectives
WHO THE PROGRAMME IS DESIGNED FOR; TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODOLOGY
The course is designed for:
- HR professionals…
- Organisational development professionals…
- Competency Assessors…
… who need to acquire an overview of assessment methodology and the principal tools for evaluating competencies
The course has a predominantly experiential flavour: the analysis of individual topics is accompanied by exercises and successful case studies. The course is designed to be a genuine knowledge and practice gym, in which the participants experiment, hands-on, with the tools proposed in the toolkit, using role-play and simulation. Particular attention is given to the organisational process for competency evaluation in the different phases of the process.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE
- To become familiar with the rationale and the core mechanisms that underpin the Assessment methodology
- To gain insight into and experiment with the main skill evaluation tools
- To train yourself in the observation and evaluation of behaviours within organisations
Those completing the course gain credits towards certification for the professional role of Competency Assessor.
The programme is designed and overseen by Angela Gallo, an internationally renowned authority in methodologies for developing Human Capital, and author of numerous publications on the topic. The lecturers are certified Assessors with many years of experience in processes of evaluation and assessment.