AIMS AND PURPOSE
There is a growing demand of all those who work in Human Resources to have expertise in the appraisal and evaluation of human resources and skills using an objective, transparent and professional process. Mastering Assessment methodology enables improved effectiveness in several different HR processes, especially recruitment and development, talent management and retention, succession planning, skills audits. This Master programme proposed is designed to impart all the knowledge and awareness a Competency Assessor needs to manage their own professional activity successfully.
Participants will gain the following insights and practical skills:
- the methodological basis for selecting the appropriate form of Assessment from the different types (Smart Assessment, Individual Assessment, Assessment Centre, Development Centre)
- The use of the principal tools for evaluating the effectiveness of behavioural skills in organisations (Group Exercises, In-basket exercise, Case Studies, Targeted Interview, Questionnaires) and of the key complementary dimensions (aptitudes, motivations and learning agility)
MODULES OF THE MASTER
Each module covers a thematic methodology and explores, via expert perspectives, evidence and practical activities, a key process and an Assessment Tool:
- The pillars of the methodology and the Assessment Centre
- The Skills Framework and Digital Recruitment
- Fast Assessment, Aptitude tests and competency questionnaires
- Key Assessment tools for individuals: In-basket and Targeted Interview
- Motivation and tools for its evaluation
- Individual Assessment and the feedback meeting
- The Agile organisation, performance and competencies
- People Strategy indicators
- Development Centre, mechanisms and incentives for skills development
- Executive Assessment, the role of the coordinator and certification practices
WHO THE PROGRAMME IS DESIGNED FOR; TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODOLOGY
The programme is designed for:
- HR professionals…
- Organisational development specialists…
- Competency Assessors…
… who wish to develop their proficiency in the Assessment methodology to enable them to manage evaluation and workforce development initiatives.
EXPERIENTIAL “GYM”: practical exercises, both at individual and group level; design and planning of Assessment activities; drafting profiles; hands-on experimentation with the key evaluation tools.
MULTIMEDIA and ONLINE provision: participants have full access to the Web Assessment platform, where they can use the evaluation and learning tools, access all the course teaching materials, the learning tests and an online forum with colleagues and the course lecturers.
WHY CHOOSE THIS MASTER?
- The first in Italy, and one of the first in Europe, to be devoted entirely to Assessment methodology, and it provides a systemic view of HR processes
- Gives participants a deep understanding of the central importance of soft skills for improving professional performance
- Uses a comprehensive skills framework, proprietary to IdeaManagement, developed in-house and based on 30 years of experience in Assessment
- Enables participants to become members of a lifelong learning network, and to exchange ideas and practice with fellow professionals both from academia and business
Those completing this Master gain credits towards certification for the professional role of Competency Assessor
The programme is designed and overseen by Angela Gallo, an internationally renowned authority in methodologies for developing Human Capital, and author of numerous publications on the topic. The lecturers are certified Assessors with many years of experience in processes of evaluation and assessment.
- 160 classroom hours (online or face to face)
- 10 modules across 10 months
- 80 hours of exercises between modules
- 8 hours of personalised tutoring
- 1 online platform for training in evaluation processes
- 5 Assessment tools provided for personal use
- 10 structured learning tests
- 1 exam for professional qualification